The Tesla Powerwall works with your solar power system to provide reliable power day & night!
The Tesla Powerwall is compact, stackable and comes with a built-in inverter, ready to integrate seamlessly with your solar panels, enabling you to self-power your home and even go off-grid.
The Powerwall has been available in Australia for a while now and can be installed by Big Sky Energy at your Brisbane home. The Tesla Powerwall 2 (latest generation) has a huge 14kWh of battery storage, a major increase from the first generation and comes in a smaller unit.
The second generation of the Tesla Powerwall is the most affordable home battery in terms of cost per kWh. The Powerwall economically meets the daily needs of the average family household.
With a long lifespan and great value in terms of cost per kWh, the Tesla Powerwall is a great option for Australian households.
Tesla Solar Panels (or the Tesla Solar Roof) are also available – an amazing innovation from Tesla! The Tesla Solar Roof complements your home’s architecture while turning sunlight into electricity. With an integrated Powerwall battery, energy collected during the day is stored and made available any time, effectively turning your home into a personal utility. Tesla solar panels are so durable they are warrantied for the lifetime of your house, or infinity, whichever comes first.
Tesla also has a great app that allows you to monitor and manage your Powerwall or solar panels anytime from anywhere. Stay in control of your home solar and energy usage wherever you are.
Solar batteries store excess solar power and/or cheap off peak power from the grid. They let you supply your home with cheaper, environmentally friendly power during the night and early hours of the morning, or during power outages.
The Tesla Powerwall home battery comes with a 10 year warranty and has enough energy storage capacity to power a typical Australian family home with a little left over. A single Powerwall could power a typical two bedroom home for the entire day (based on statistics from the ABS).
- Usable Capacity: 13.5 kWh
- Depth of Discharge: 100%
- Efficiency: 90% round-trip
- Power: 7kW peak / 5kW continuous
- Supported Applications: Solar self-consumption Back-up power Time-of-use load shifting (coming soon) Off-grid capabilities (coming soon)
- Warranty: 10 years
- Scalable: Up to 10 Powerwalls
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C
- Dimensions: L x W x D: 44″ x 29″ x 5.5″ (1150mm x 755mm x 155mm)
- Weight: 125 kg
- Installation: Floor or wall mounted Indoor or outdoor
- Certification: UL and IEC certified, Grid code compliant
- Compatibility: Single phase and three phase power supply compatible.